Saturday, September 29, 2012

Horseback Riding + Hysteria?

I'm going to make several blog posts tonight separated by topic because I finally have my shit together enough that I know what I want to say.

First is something I came up with today.

It was mentioned that one "cure" for hysteria was to have women go horseback riding. When I first learned that, my reaction was basically "what the fuck how does that work?" Did they think the women would get off by riding? I can't comprehend how that would work. I've been a rider for, oh, my whole life. This has NEVER HAPPENED. EVER.

This is the position I imagine someone would have to be in for this to work:
Crotch Riding.
Then I thought I'd Google it, and this website made me cry. I hope they are making all of that up. (I posted it so you can have a laugh while my brain shuts down)

Even if they rode sidesaddle I still can't imagine it producing orgasms. All I'm trying to say is that I don't believe women would have so many orgasms while riding.

Anyway, they must have had some success or they wouldn't have kept using that treatment. I wonder if women simply enjoyed the activity and the temporary freedom they gained while riding. As in, they didn't have an orgasm, but being on a horse is a really great escape from life. The treatment was described as "vigorous"so I can assume that they weren't just sitting there at the walk. Really, what if the women showed signs of improvement because they were out in the fresh air being active? It got them out of the house, so it was basically the opposite of the rest cure.

Of course, we won't ever know either way. They didn't even know that the massages were causing orgasms so how could they know if the horseback riding was giving them orgasms?

Now, here's the real life application that made me think of this idea: As we all know, I broke my ankle a week ago... and I already got back on a horse. The doctor said I could ride in "just a few days short of six weeks." This is a few days right? Anyway, the fact that I can even sit on a horse has done a whole lot for my mood. I was worried I would be out of shape, and I will be since I've just been riding at the walk I will be, but this is so much better than nothing. Life seems better from the back of a horse. Sure I can't do as much but it beats sitting on the couch.

I'm considering researching more about horseback riding and hysteria, but I needed to get this out while I thought of it.

1 comment:

  1. Horseback riding trips are a great option in adventurous vacations that people enjoy. However it is not just the trip but also the packing that makes people excited.

    Sleigh Rides in Utah

    ReplyDelete